Sales Apprenticeship Level 2 at New College Nottingham
If you are already working in a sales environment and want to gain a formal qualification to support you in your career then a Sales Apprenticeship
could be the perfect addition to your existing qualifications and grades. The Apprenticeship can be tailored to your sector so it doesn't matter if you are in telesales, on the high street or working behind the scenes in a sales driven organisation, this Apprenticeship
will develop your core selling skills as well as provide you with a solid understanding of how sales functions work, grow and influence the bottom line.
If you are not employed but want to progress into a career in sales take a look at our Apprenticeship vacancies section of our website or get in touch with us to see if we can support you to find employment. Once you’re in employment, your Apprenticeship can begin. You do not need to wait for the start of an academic year – an Apprenticeship can start at any time of year.
This Level 2 Apprenticeship will involve a combination of workplace assessment and college attendance throughout the two years to ensure you develop the following skills and knowledge:
• Time Planning, customer service, administration, communication and conscientious in a sales environment
• Selling face-to-face, over the phone (inbound and outbound) and at exhibitions
• Generating and qualifying sales leads including inputting and accessing sales and marketing data held within information systems, and obtaining and analysing sales-related information
• Complying with Legal, Regulatory and Ethical Requirements in a Sales or Marketing Role
• Inputting and Accessing Sales or Marketing Data in Information Systems
• Analysing and responding to competitor behaviour and insights
• After-sales techniques
• Communicating using digital marketing and sales channels
You will also study maths, English and ICT to a minimum Level 1 standard as part of this Apprenticeship. In addition you'll complete a mandatory module in Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
- Be aged 16 or over
- Not be in full-time education or on any other training programme
- Have lived in the UK for the past three years
There are no formal entry requirements for any level, however the employer may stipulate entry qualifications when recruiting an apprentice to a particular job role.
Students will be expected to have a contract to work a minimum of 30 hours per week. This must be paid employment. However, you can still apply for this course if you are actively seeking employment, but this must be in place before you can commence the training.
As there may be different entry requirements for apprenticeships, depending on the occupational sector, all students are required to have an initial assessment test.
On this course you will be continually assessed – there will be no exam but instead you’ll be expected to submit a regular portfolio of work and produce a range of written assessments.
You can progress directly on to a Level 3 Advanced Sales Apprenticeship or perhaps a different pathway such as marketing or retail.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact New College Nottingham directly.