Electrical Installations - Buildings and Structures EAL Diploma Level 3 at Hugh Baird College
This course is ideal if you want to follow a career as an electrician or domestic installer or if you want to go on to university. The qualification will enable you to gain the knowledge and abilities that underpin this discipline.
You will study a range of units including understanding the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems, the principles of electrical science, electrical installations: fault diagnosis and rectification and electrical system design.
This programme also includes studying maths and English towards GCSE grade A-C if you do not already have these grades.
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical installations: fault diagnosis and rectification
- Electrical installations: inspection, testing and commissioning
- Electrical systems design
- Career awareness in building services engineering
In order to qualify for this course, you will need:
- 4 GCSEs at grade A*-C. Maths, English and Science would be desirable but not essential
- Electrical Installations - Level 2
- Electrical qualifications including; Domestic Installer, Inspection & Testing
Entry to all courses are subject to a successful interview, a satisfactory reference from your school or employer and evidence that you will be a committed student.
- Electronics Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Industrial Electrical Installer
- Project Manager
- Self Employment
If you are aged 16-19, this qualification will form a substantial part of your study programme. The study programme has been designed to ensure that young people are fully equipped and ready to move on to the world of work or higher level courses. In addition to your main qualification, will you also get the opportunity to undertake relevant and CV bolstering work experience out in your chosen industry. You will also be supported through maths and English qualifications.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hugh Baird College directly.