Team Leading and Management Apprenticeship Level 3 at Nextstep Training Limited
Management and leadership skills have a major impact on the development, productivity and performance of organisations of all sizes and across all sectors of the economy. Many British leaders and managers are innovative, creative, visionary and inspirational and are heavily relied upon to sustain the UK as one of the world’s leading economies. In today’s fast-moving competitive environment there is a need to continue to drive up the performance of the best and to address weaknesses in management and leadership that are holding back productivity and performance. The average amount of spend per manager per year for development in the UK is far lower than other European countries, particularly within small to medium sized businesses, where fewer staff have management qualifications than in equivalent sized European countries.
The existing workforce needs to be up-skilled and new people attracted into these jobs to meet the increasing demand for new management practices and a range of skills, including:
- Leadership skills, including self-management, relationship building, negotiation and influencing skills
- Communication and decision making skills
- Information technology skills
- Knowledge and project management skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Skills to win and maintain customer loyalty
- Change management skills such as the ability to manage the challenges of globalisation
- Partnership working and the ability to implement innovative solutions to a range of problems.
As the workforce and the customer base become more diverse, management needs to reflect that diversity and manage it effectively. This requires not only sensitivity to issues such as ethnicity, culture, gender and disability, but a greater awareness of the potential for different and more creative approaches that diversity in general brings.
Across the UK there are approximately 4.5 million managers and senior officials, including 1.75 million working within small and medium enterprises. To keep pace with demand, around 400,000 new managers and leaders are needed each year.
The Management Apprenticeship programmes have seen a steady increase in learners since their initial development and the apprenticeship is in the top twenty frameworks. The apprenticeship programme has been designed to provide flexible and portable qualifications, units and skills sets which meet the current and future needs of employers of all sizes and across all sectors.
The Team Leading Intermediate Apprenticeship has been developed to support those working as team leaders, section leaders, floor managers, help desk managers, trainee supervisors, team co-ordinators and those working in a range of other team leader positions. The Management Advanced Apprenticeship has been developed to support those working as first line managers, section managers, assistant managers, trainee managers, senior supervisors, junior non-commissioned officers (armed forces) and those working in a range of other management positions.
Tasks undertaken by apprentices will vary depending on the level and sector in which they are employed. Tasks may include planning, allocating and monitoring the work of the team, giving feedback, briefing teams, supporting team members, managing conflict, resolving problems, procuring supplies, project management, agreeing budgets and managing and improving customer service.
Advanced apprentices may work in roles such as Section manager; first line manager; assistant manager; trainee manager; senior supervisor; junior non-commissioned officer. Managers play an integral role in supporting organisational objectives through a wide range of functions, such as: planning, allocating & monitoring the work of a team, supporting team members, managing conflict, resolving problems, project management, agreeing budgets and managing customer service. The apprentice must be in a role that will include responsibility for functions and/or staff. The Advanced Apprenticeship programme has the following components:
- Level 3 Diploma in Management
- English Functional Skills
- Maths Functional Skills
- ICT Functional Skills
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Progression from the Advanced Apprenticeship in Management Advanced apprentices, with support and opportunities in the workplace, can progress onto:
- The Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in Management
- The Level 5 Higher Apprenticeship in Leadership & Management
- The Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in Business & Professional Administration
- Further or higher education to undertake management, business or other qualifications, including Foundation Degrees in Management & Leadership, Business and Business Management
- A range of management, business and other undergraduate programmes
- A range of management and other professional qualifications at level 4 and above.
- With additional training, advanced apprentices may be able to progress in their careers to roles including middle and senior manager, department manager, head of department, or a wide range of managerial roles within business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Nextstep Training Limited directly.