Professional Cookery City & Guilds Advanced VRQ Level 3 Diploma at Doncaster College
The 7100 Chef Diploma series are in-depth and detailed qualifications into Professional cookery. The level 3 Advanced Diploma is the qualification for taking your skills and ability from basic level to really refine and develop them to a high level and standard of a professional chef.
Following on from the VRQ Level 2, the course focuses on the advanced skills and techniques needed when preparing and cooking ingredients for both Larder and Patisserie.
You will work in the kitchens to supply all types of dishes to the Waterfront restaurant through skills sessions or designated Themed evenings. You will be required to complete several assignments and on-line tests. You will also sit several skills tests through the year and final tests to test your culinary skills.
You will develop your skills in the following areas of Larder and Patisserie
Advanced Skills in Larder include:
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing Vegetable and vegetarian dishes
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing meat dishes
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing Poultry and Game
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing fish and shellfish
Advanced Skills in Patisserie and Bakery
- Produce fermented dough and batters
- Produce Petit fours
- Produce pastry
- Produce hot, cold and frozen desserts
- Produce biscuits, cakes and sponges
All these areas will be covered in great depth typical of a level 3 qualification. Alongside the practical skills you will also be required to research and develop assignment work for necessary core knowledge of the Hospitality and Catering industry
- Supervisory skills in the Catering and Hospitality Industry
- Supervising Food Safety
- Practical Gastronomy
- Food Product Development
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Introduction to Professional Cookery
- NVQ Level 2 in Food Preparation
- Relevant Industrial Experience in an establishment of a respectable level
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and English and attend an interview
- 8 Practical Test throughout the year,
- 2 end of year synoptic practical exams cooking for customers (1 larder exam, 1 pastry exam)
- Written assignment work
- Short Answers Questions
Following successful completion learners will be fully equipped with the knowledge and skills to work confidently and competently within the catering industry.
Take up commis chef/various chef position within a Hotel/ Café/ Restaurant.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.