Psychology IB Standard at Anglo European School
- Knowledge and understanding of key terms, concepts, research methods, theories and research studies
- Evaluate psychological theories and empirical studies
- Discuss how biological, cognitive and sociocultural levels of analysis can be used to explain behaviour
- Evaluate research methods used to investigate behaviour
- Demonstrate the acquisition of knowledge and skills required for experimental design, data collection and presentation, data analysis and interpretation
- Independent learning.
One of the goals of the IB Psychology course is to provide students with an opportunity to acquire a better understanding of how the human brain works and how this affects behaviour. Students will be looking at classic and modern research conducted in the field of psychology. They will explore experimental design, methodology and ethics. Students will be asked to understand, evaluate, and even design and carry out their own research studies. In doing this, students will learn what constitutes effective and ethical psychological research.
• The biological level of analysis
• The cognitive level of analysis
• The sociocultural level of analysis
• Abnormal psychology
• Developmental psychology
• Health psychology
• Psychology of human relationships
• Sport psychology
Paper 2 involves a choice of two optional topics selected by teaching staff.
Coursework : A report of a simple experimental study conducted by the student. Introduction to experimental research methodology.
In addition to the Sixth Form matriculation requirements we require that students have at least one C grade or better in all the following: a Humanities subject, English Language, Mathematics and Science.
Paper 1 (2 hours)
Section A: Three compulsory questions on part 1 of the syllabus.
Section B: Three questions on part 1 of the syllabus. Students choose one question to answer in essay form. 50%
Paper 2 (1 hour)
Fifteen questions. Students choose one question to answer in essay form. 25%
Coursework: A report of a simple experimental study conducted by the student. 25%
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Anglo European School directly.