NCFE Entry Level Certificate in Employability Skills (Entry 3) at Be Totally You
This qualifications aims to:
- develop and enhance skills required for the working environment
- develop learners’ confidence for employment and motivation
- improve communication skills and personal effectiveness
- provide a basis for further study
- highlight where learning opportunities for the Functional Skills qualifications may be found.
To be awarded the NCFE Entry Level Certificate in Employability Skills (Entry 3), learners are required to achieve 15 credits as follows:
- 2 credits from Group A
- the remaining credits can be taken from Groups B or C.
Group A mandatory unit
- Unit 01 – Understanding mindset (2 credits)
Group B optional units
The optional units are grouped in clusters to make selection easier; however, units can be taken from any group and don’t need to be from the same cluster.
Work awareness cluster
- Unit 02 – Rights and entitlements at work (1 credit)
- Unit 03 – Making the right impression at work (1 credit)
- Unit 04 – Your responsibilities as an employee (1 credit)
- Unit 05 – Behaving appropriately at work (1 credit)
- Unit 06 – Work awareness (2 credits)
Self-improvement and personal effectiveness for work cluster
- Unit 07 – Getting to a destination safely and on time (1 credit)
- Unit 08 – Goal and target setting (1 credit)
- Unit 09 – Making progress (1 credit)
- Unit 10 – Prioritising tasks (1 credit)
- Unit 11 – Managing your time (1 credit)
Problems and solutions cluster
- Unit 12 – Problem solving skills for work (2 credits)
- Unit 13 – ICT for employment (1 credit)
Taking responsibility cluster
- Unit 14 – Following instructions (1 credit)
- Unit 15 – Dealing with numbers in a place of work (2 credits)
Working with others cluster
- Unit 16 – Working in a team (2 credits)
- Unit 17 – Understanding conflict at work (1 credit)
- Unit 18 – Working with other employees (1 credit)
- Unit 19 – Working with managers (1 credit)
- Unit 20 – Social media in the workplace (2 credits)
Preparing for work cluster
- Unit 21 – Understanding money at work (2 credits)
- Unit 22 – Deciding on the right job for you (1 credit)
- Unit 23 – Looking for work (1 credit)
- Unit 24 – Completing an application form (1 credit)
- Unit 25 – Getting ready for interviews (1 credit)
- Unit 26 – Health and safety in places of work (2 credits)
Group C optional units (Level 1 units)
- Unit 27 – Dealing with your first days at work (1 credit)
- Unit 28 – How to keep improving (1 credit)
- Unit 29 – Job and training search skills (1 credit)
- Unit 30 – Following instructions (1 credit)
- Unit 31 – Working with colleagues (1 credit)
- Unit 32 – ICT for employment (2 credits)
These qualifications are designed for a wide variety of learners, including:
- learners with special needs, learning difficulties or particular learning requirements
- full-time and part-time students
- those who are long-term unemployed
- pre-16 students in compulsory education
- individuals in employment looking for a career change
- individuals facing redundancy.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for these qualifications. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved an Entry Level 2 qualification.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged pre-16 and above.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- NCFE Level 1 Award or Certificate in Employability Skills
- NCFE Level 1 Certificate Business Administration
- NCFE Level 1 Certificate in Customer Service
- NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Team Leading
- employment in a wide range of sectors.
It may also be useful to learners studying qualifications in the following sectors:
- customer service
- team leading and management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Be Totally You directly.