Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) at Christ The King Catholic High School and Sixth Form Centre
The Extended Project Qualification is a stand-alone Level 3 qualification that can be taken alongside GCE A Level or vocational qualifications.
The Ecourse is designed to bring out the potential in students and enhances their study programmes.
The Extended Project provides learners with the:
- opportunity to independently conduct an in-depth study and extend their expertise and knowledge on specific topics
- gain knowledge and skills required in further and higher education
- gain transferable skills in preparation for employment
You must demonstrate the ability to:
- A01 Manage (20%)
Identify, design, plan and carry out a project, applying a range of skills, strategies and methods to achieve objectives
- A02 Use Resources (20%)
Research, critically select, organise and use information, and select and use a range of resources. Analyse data, apply relevantly and demonstrate understanding of any links, connections and complexities of the topic
- A03 Develop and Realise (40%)
Select and use a range of skills including, where appropriate, new technologies and problem-solving, to take decisions critically and achieve planned outcomes
- A04 Review (20%)
Evaluate all aspects of the Extended Project, including outcomes in relation to stated objectives and own learning and performance. Select and use a range of communication skills and media to present evidenced project outcomes and conclusions in an appropriate format.
The Extended Project aims to give opportunities for learners to:
- exercise choice and demonstrate independent learning
- take responsbility either for an individual task or for a defined task within a group project
- develop critical, independent, self-evaluative learners
- develop, where appropriate, skills in problem-solving and working with others
- develop their communication and presentation skills
- demonstrate initiative, creativity and flexibility in responding to challenges and in applying new technologies, where appropriate
- use personal aspirations for higher education and career development
What some universities think of the Extended Project:
Cambridge: "We welcome the introduction of the Extended Project and would encourage you to undertake one as it will help you to develop independent study and research skills and ease the transition from school/college to higher education."
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Christ The King Catholic High School and Sixth Form Centre directly.