Children and Young Peoples Workforce Intermediate Apprenticeship at Epping Forest College
This apprenticeship gives you the opportunity to begin a rewarding career in the childcare sector. You will gain an understanding of child development, putting your theory into practice in the workplace. On successful competition you may choose to pursue roles in nurseries, schools or other early years settings.
This apprenticeship is equivalent to five GCSEs at grade A-C. Mandatory units include:
- An introduction to personal development in health and social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Child and young person development
- Contributing to the support of the positive environments for children and young people
- Understanding partnership working in services for children and young people
- Maintaining and supporting relationships with children and young people
You will also select from a range of optional units which may include:
- Developing positive relationships with children, young people and others involved in their care
- Supporting the creativity of children and young people
- Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children and young people’s setting
- Contributing to the support of children’s communication, language and literacy
Required to achieve GCSEs in English and Mathematics at grade C or above, if you have not previously achieved this, as part of your advanced apprenticeship.
You need to be aged 16 or over and working for 30 hours a week or more. Apprenticeship programmes require a level of English and Maths which we can help you to achieve through the completion of functional skills.
Online Test/Practical work/Assignments/ Witness Testimony/Observation in the workplace
Materials will be discussed at interview with the 3SIXTY apprenticeship team.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Epping Forest College directly.