Personal and Business Finance BTEC National Subsidiary Diploma Level 3 at Tytherington School
The Academy of Finance is a two/three A Level equivalent course in Business and Finance, for those who are eventually looking to build a career in business. It involves: - Students working in small selfcontained groups so they can gain the most effective
support and advice from their teachers
- Business mentors providing 1:1 support and advice on coursework and life skills through regular meetings throughout the year
- Business led work-site visits, seminars, practice interviews and curriculum vitae development
- Industry specific work placements for six weeks during the summer. This allows students to develop a range of business competencies.
Units of study
1. Financial Services for Individuals
2. Business Financial Performance
3. Preparing for Career Progression in Business
Units of study
4. Financial Services to Support Business
5. Finance in the National Economy
6. Financial Services Regulation, Ethics and Trends
Students will need five GCSE passes at grade C or above. Preferably, these will include English and Mathematics, plus Business Studies where this has been studied at GCSE level.
This comprises six pieces of coursework to be completed over two years. Three will be completed in Year 12 and three in Year 13.
The course utilises a variety of learning styles including project work, case studies, presentations, role-plays, lectures and industrial visits. 100% of the final grade will be derived from portfolio (coursework) assignments. Five will be set and assessed internally with external verification and one, unit 4, will be set and assessed externally.
The Academy of Finance gives students the opportunity to broaden the number of genuine choices they have about their future education and career pathways. The course is supported by Career Academies UK. Studying Finance will prepare you for a Business/Finance related career. It also leads to related university courses such as Accountancy, Finance or Business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Tytherington School directly.