Electronics - AS/A Level at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like to develop electronic skills at an advanced level? This course enables you to design, build, test and analyse electronic circuits. The focus will be on practical applications, and you will apply the theoretical learning to useful, functional tasks.
The course is suitable if you are a committed student and have achieved a good Maths grade at GCSE level. The course will give you an introduction to electronics at an advanced level, and can lead to careers in a range of electronics contexts, as well as computing and other areas. It also provides preparation for Higher Education, and gives you skills that are valuable in all disciplines.
The course can be taken as part of a full-time programme of study in conjunction with other AS subjects, or possibly with other Level 3 qualifications. Electronics combines particularly well with Maths, but our staff will be happy to help you put together a programme most suited to your needs. The course can also be taken on a part-time basis by mature students.
The course is delivered through a blend of the following:
- Practical sessions
- Project work
- Group work
- The minimum entry requirement is 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, to include Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st language).
- Specific additional entry requirements will be discussed with you at interview.
- Consideration will be given to mature students without recognised qualifications
- Entry onto the full A Level is based on your performance at AS Level
- All students should be interested in the subject, and in completing a creative, hands-on course.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The course is assessed as follows:
- Two module examinations are sat during each year
- You will also complete one project module each year
Whether you study the full A Level or just the AS Level, the course adds to your qualifications and helps you to progress. You will gain UCAS points and be able to apply for a range of Higher Education courses at many institutions, including Grŵp Llandrillo Menai.
If you choose to continue your studies in a related subject, there are many degree courses available, and your studies on the A Level course will help you to make an informed choice from the options available.Career opportunities
- University level course such as a Foundation or Honours Degree
- Continue with studies with a work-based qualification at the college
Programme code: 0014C03B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.