Children and Young People's Workforce Apprenticeship Level 2 at Red Tape Central
This course is ideal for an apprentice starting a career in child care.
This apprenticeship is designed to help learners build the knowledge and skills needed when working under supervision with children and young people from birth to 19 years of age.
It covers a diverse range of job roles and occupational areas working in children’s settings including caring for young children, e.g. pre-school, childminder, nursery or crèche as well as early years and social care.
The level 2 Children and young peoples workforce qualification is made up of a number of units including;
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Child and young person development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Support children and young people's positive behaviour
- Contribute to children and young people's health and safety
- Contribute to the support of positive environments for children and young people
- Understand partnership working in services for children and young people
- Understand child and young person development
- Promote child and young person development
- Understand how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people.
- Develop positive relationships with children, young people & others involved in their care
- Support the creativity of children and young people
Maths and English grade D/5+ or above
It will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods.
This could include direct observation in the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments or a task.
It provides a direct progression route to the Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce as they share a number of units.
Apprentices completing an Early Years Educator qualification will have been trained to the highest of standards, equipping them with the best early years qualifications available.
These are now the must-have qualifications for all those wanting to work at Level 3 with children from birth to five years of age, and will provide the full and relevant status of being an Early Years Educator.
For further information please contact;
Sheffield City Council
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.