Roofing, Slating and Tiling Apprenticeship Level 3 at CDC
Training is ideal for an apprentice looking to further develop their skills in Pitched Roof Coverings. Working on a construction site or domestic or commercial premises, on new roofs or repairing roofs using slates and tiles to more complex specifications.
The Level 3 apprenticeship in Heritage Skills - Roof Slating and Tiling Occupations qualification has been developed for delivery in a working environment; this means you need to be employed to study this qualification.
It has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge and competence so that you can work in Heritage Skills - Roof Slating and Tiling Occupations within the construction industry or progress onto further learning.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units:
- Re-laying Heritage Roof Coverings in the Workplace
- Replacing Heritage Roof Coverings in the Workplace
- Repairing and Maintaining Heritage Roof Coverings in the Workplace
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Confirming Work Activities and Resources for an Occupational Work Area in the Workplace
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Confirming the Occupational Method of Work in the Workplace
- Working on Conservation and Restoration Projects in the Workplace
The learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in two of the following optional units:
- Installing Regular Sized Natural Roof Slate to Standard Roof Details in the Workplace
- Installing Plain Tile Roof Coverings in the Workplace
- Installing Regular Sized Natural Roof Slate to Advanced Roof Details in the Workplace
- Installing Random Roof Slates to Diminishing Margins in the Workplace
- Installing Single-lap Roof Coverings to a Fixed Gauge in the Workplace
- Installing Plain Roof Tiles to Complex and Non-standard Roof Formations in the Workplace
- Fabricating and Installing Weathering Leadwork to Roofs in the Workplace
- Installing Natural Roof Slates to Complex and Non-standard Roof Formations in the Workplace
Maths and English grade D/5+ or above
You do not need any prior qualifications to undertake this level 3 qualification however it is recommended that you complete a level 2 qualification (Bricklaying, Plastering etc.) which will give you the underpinning knowledge and skills required to complete this level 3 qualification. You must also be employed in the industry.
The qualification is delivered and assessed in the work place. An assessor would visit at regular intervals and provide advice and guidance to support the apprentice to meet the standards required.
The assessment process includes;
Functional Skills supported off the job if required (Maths, English and ICT)
- Monthly assessor visits
- Quarterly reviews with employer and apprentice
- Progress is monitored through an e-portfolio that the employer can also utilise
This level 3 qualification will give you a robust understanding of Heritage Skills - Roof Slating and Tiling Occupations
This is an NVQ qualification and competence can only be demonstrated in a work environment. On completion, other job roles could include:
Energy conservation operator
Achievement of this qualification provides opportunities to progress to further qualifications and training such as technical, supervisory and management qualification:
For further information please contact;
Sheffield City Council
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.