Level 1 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy at Coleg Sir Gar
- This course is full time consisting of three days and one evening in college
- The learning sessions consist of practical skills, theory with essential and key skills embeded within the vocation
- Prevention in Contact Dermatitis qualification is included within the induction week.
- A beauty / hairdressing kit and uniform are a compulsory requirement for the course which costs approximately Â£220 and must be paid for prior to course commencement
- All candidates are screened on entry to assess for any extra learning support, which is available to all students who qualify
- Extra curriculum activities include fashion shows, charity events, competitions and industrial events
- This course also offers progression on to theÂ Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Specialist TechniquesÂ and Welsh Baccalaureate Intermediate route
- On completion of the course successful candidates will have a follow up interview to establish suitability for the Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Specialist Techniques.
This full time VRQ Level 1 qualification provides an introduction to the world of Beauty Therapy covering the important role of assisting and supporting therapists in the workplace.
NB. Together with this qualification you will also be undertaking the NVQ Level 1 Hairdressing and Principal Learning Qualification.
- Essential Skills Wales
- Wider Key Skills
- Welsh Baccalaureate
- Induction programme
- Bilingual module
No previous experience is required to undertake this qualification. However a desire and self motivation to work within the beauty therapy industry is essential. There will be an interview and selection process carried out for acceptance of suitable candidates, a beauty / hairdressing kit and uniform must be purchased prior to commencing the course.
Continuous practical assessments are undertaken through observations on customers. During the course students will compile a portfolio of evidence, consisting of oral questions, written tests, assignments and treatment planning.
This qualification will provide a progressional route to Level 2 Diploma in beauty specialist techniques.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.