BTEC Diploma in Applied Science at Regent High School
CHOOSE THIS COURSE IF…
- you would like to learn more about the inner workings of the human body at a physiological and cellular level
- you are intrigued by how medical drugs are produced and tested
- you prefer learning vocationally (understanding science directly relating to a specific career or profession)
You will study 12 units over the two year course, taught by a range of staff with varied scientific expertise. You will be given the chance to participate in a number of activities and academic challenges, from vocational studies at the Royal Veterinary College to research projects about the implications of media on scientific ethics.
The Level 3 Diploma is equivalent to two A Level qualifications and can provide up to 280 UCAS points.
At least 5 A*-C grades at GCSE or equivalent with at least a grade D in English Language and Maths and preferably a grade C in GCSE Science.
- 100% coursework portfolio.
- completion of 12 units of study.
- university degrees in Science, Midwifery and many more
- apprenticeships in similar areas can provide an alternative route
POSSIBLE CAREER OPTIONS
- Medical Researcher
- Forensic Scientist
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Regent High School directly.