Warehousing Intermediate Apprenticeship at Truro and Penwith College
People working in a warehousing business in the logistics sector. You may be within a manufacturing, dispatch, production or storage setting, you may be working shifts and/or working as part of a team. Warehouse operatives, depending on the size of the company, undertake a range of duties, including loading/unloading of vehicles, managing picking bays, storing stock and selecting/packing customer orders, ensuring goods are ready for dispatch on time.
- Preparing to receive deliveries – receiving goods
- Placing goods in storage
- Moving/handling goods
- Pick, wrap and pack goods
- Processing orders for customers
- Assemble orders for dispatch
- Stock control
- Security and loss prevention
- Sort goods and materials for recycling and/or disposal
- Keeping working areas clean
- Health, safety and security at work
- Understanding customer service
- Customer queries, complaints, dealing with conflict
- Professional telephone skills.
- Dealing with difficult people
- Problem solving, decision making, influencing and negotiation skills
- Effective working relationships
- Making a positive contribution to the business.
- Personal and professional development
- Time management
At least 16 years old, contracted to work a minimum of 30 hours per week in the warehousing/logistics sector.
On achieving the Apprenticeship, and with the recommendation from the tutor and support from the employer, we would provide a progression route to a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship framework.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Truro and Penwith College directly.