Early Years Educator CACHE Level 3 Diploma at Bedford College
This Level 3 qualification will prepare you for becoming an Early Years Educator, enabling you to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5-7 years. This qualification will prepare you for working unsupervised or in a supervisory capacity with children and their families in a variety of early year’s settings within the childcare sector. The course will also award you a maximum of 420 UCAS points to enable you to progress on to higher education. The learning experience will be reflective of the current structure and expectations of the childcare sector and you will have the opportunity to put theory into practice by preparing and carrying out relevant activities in quality childcare placements covering ages 0-5 years.
During this course you will learn about child development, child observation, safeguarding, theories and philosophical approaches to how children play and learning for school readiness.
- Theme 1: Health and Wellbeing
- Theme 2: Legislation, Frameworks and Professional Practice
- Theme 3: Play, Development and Learning for School Readiness
- Theme 4: Professional Development
During the course you will spend two days per week in a childcare placement. You will also take part in various team building activities and have an opportunity to take part in educational trips and fundraising activities for a trip to Africa.
Additional qualifications include Functional Skills in English and/or Maths OR GCSE English and/or Maths.
- Unit 1 – Child Development from Conception to Seven Years
- Unit 2 – Children’s Health and Wellbeing
- Unit 3 – Providing Safe Environments for Children
- Unit 4 – Child Health
- Unit 5 – Play and Learning
- Unit 6 – Understanding Children’s Additional Needs
- Unit 7 – Observation, Assessment and Planning
- Unit 8 – Professional Practice Portfolio 1
- Unit 9 – Supporting Emergent Literacy
- Unit 10 – Supporting Emergent Mathematics
- Unit 11 – Preparing for School Readiness
- Unit 12 – International Perspectives
- Unit 13 – Reflective Practice for Professional Development
- Unit 14 – Professional Partnerships in Early Years
- Unit 15 – Professional Practice Portfolio 2
A minimum of four GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths.
You will be assessed through a variety of methods throughout the course, including assignments, direct observation and two externally marked assignments.
On successful completion of this course you can progress on to higher education or work in a supervisory role in the early years sector.
You will be required to pay £36 for required clothing, £20 for books and £54 for any trips/visits.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bedford College directly.