Chemistry A Level at Weston College
Chemistry is a part of all aspects of our lives – it’s not confined to test tubes in a laboratory.
You will look at the principles of chemistry, but also how it relates to areas in real life such as manufacturing and using alcohols, or utilising chlorine to kill microbes in drinking water.
Year 1 units include:
- Composition of the nucleus
- Isotopes and the use of mass spectrometer
- An introduction to organic chemistry
- Enthalpy and Hess’s law.
Year 2 units include:
- Acids and bases
- Redox equilibria and properties of transition metals.
At least five GCSEs at grade A*-C, including double or triple Science award at grade BB or above AND grade B in Mathematics.
You will be assessed through exams and your final A Level result will include a pass/fail grade for practical work.
- A Degree at university in a chemistry related subject
- There is a great demand for chemistry graduates who can work in a wide range of areas including medicine, veterinary science, teaching, pharmacology, biochemistry and environmental science
- A science-related apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Weston College directly.