Public Services BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate at Hertford Regional College
Have you got what it takes? This course will put you through your paces to see if you can make it in the Uniformed Services. You will be on the parade ground once a week, taking part in group activities that are both practical and classroom based, designed to help you improve your communication skills and teamwork. Talks and visits to active service personnel are all part of the course and will help you decide which service to apply for or whether to continue your studies at the next level.
- This programme has been designed to help you develop the knowledge, understanding and skills required for success in employment in the public services at operative level
- Participating in theoretical and practical lessons
- You will be studying 6 units (60 credits in total) including; uniformed public service employment, public service fitness and crime and its effects
- Attend a compulsory ‘Boot Camp’ residential trip.
- You will need a minimum of 158 GCSE entry points or a Level 1 Diploma including GCSE Maths or English at Grade D.
- The outcome of your initial diagnostic assessment will also be taken into consideration when offering you a programme of study.
- You need to be under 19 years of age.
You will be assessed continuously using a range of activities these will include, role plays, presentations, displays, discussions, written reports and case studies.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
- On successful completion of the level 2 and a merit grade overall, you will be able to progress onto a higher Level 3 course, Public Services BTEC 90 Credit Diploma.
- Seek employment in your chosen public service
Trips, visits and enrichment activities which include vocational guest speakers. There may be additional costs to participate in these activities.
You will also study Functional skills, in either Maths, English or ICT.
What will I need?
- Full sports kit including correct footwear for running and physical activities
- Public Services uniform £105*
- Textbooks, pens and personal stationery
- Residential costs £200*
*Please note that these costs may be subject to change in line with inflation
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.