Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Level 2 Apprenticeship at Basingstoke College of Technology
This programme is designed for Apprentices to achieve part qualified status. Apprentices have the opportunity to progress for a further year onto the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship, which will lead to fully qualified status. Apprentices will attend college one day per week for 2 years.
Course Length: 24 months
Course Location: Workplace plus 1 day a week at college
Course Fee: If applicable (age criteria apply).
1. Level 2 Diploma in light vehicle maintenance and repair (principles)
- Identify and agree customer vehicle needs
- Identify faulty components/units which affect system performance
- Remove and replace vehicle components/units
- Prepare new, used or repaired vehicles for customer use
- Maintain effective working relationships
- Maintain the health, safety and security of the working environment
2. Level 2 Diploma in light vehicle maintenance and repair (competence)
3. Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT (Level 1)
4. Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
5. Personal learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Where a course is aimed towards an assessment/examination, it is expected that all students will enter for the qualification.
4 GCSEs at grade D or above including Maths and English.
You need to be employed in the Motor Trade so that practical work may be added to your underpinning knowledge.
Registration Requirements: Registration with City & Guilds of London Institute awarding body is required by those who wish to obtain the qualification. You may register at the college during enrolment.
The Level 2 Diploma in light vehicle maintenance and repair (principles) is assessed in college via
The Level 2 Diploma in light vehicle maintenance and repair (competence) is assessed through the creation of an NVQ portfolio including job cards and assessor observations acquired in the workplace.
If you are aged 16-18, tuition and registration fees are free.
If you are aged 19 or over, tuition and registration fees are payable at the start of each year of study; please ask for details.
If you are aged 24 or over, you may be eligible for a Student Loan to assist with your fees; please ask for details.
Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Basingstoke College of Technology directly.