Painting and Decorating Level 3 Diploma at Carlisle College
This one-year full-time course will develop your skills and knowledge to an advanced level, enabling you to work in the building industry.
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms
- Understanding information, quantities and communication with others
- Understanding construction technology
- Apply hangings to complex surfaces
- Know how to produce specialist decorative finishes
- Produce advanced specialist decorative finishes
- Know how to carry out specialist architectural feature work
- Apply water-borne paint systems using airless equipment
You will also work towards qualifications in Maths and English.
You will need to have successfully completed Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating.
- Observation of practical skills
- Theory unit end tests
- Written assignments
After successfully completing the course you could advance onto the BTEC Level 3 or the HNC with a view to move on to the HND. You could also apply for an apprenticeship in your chosen trade.
You will be working with and being taught by a group of industry qualified painting & decorating staff with a huge amount of up to date industrial and teaching experience. Your trainers will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to meet level 3 industrial standards. We have excellent facilities, industry standard equipment and very good relationships with local and national employers.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carlisle College directly.