Customer Service Apprenticeship Level 2 at St Helens College
Customer service is required within a range of businesses from retail, to hospitality and leisure. You'll work to provide an excellent experience for clients and will often be customers' first point of contact to resolve any queries or complaints.
What is an Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships combine practical on-the-job training with work related qualifications for those aged 16 or above, living in England.
Apprentices will gain a good technical knowledge base of the sector as a whole and, combined with real, practical, work experience, will gain competency in the workplace and the development of transferable skills.
Who is this Apprenticeship suitable for?
This apprenticeship is suitable for those who are currently working within this sector or looking to gain employment within this sector as a Customer Service Trainee, Assistant, Representative or Agent.
What type of work will I do and what qualifications will I gain?
Although apprenticeships will vary depending on your entry level and your employer, you will gain a range of skills from the varying tasks you complete, these could include:
- Maintaining a positive and customer-friendly attitude
- Promoting additional services or products to customers
- Dealing with customers using bespoke software
- Delivering customer service using service partnerships
- Monitoring and solving customer service problems
- Applying risk assessments to customer service
- Leading a team to improve customer service
- Gathering, analysing and interpreting customer's feedback
You will also gain the following qualifications:
- Competence and Knowledge Qualification - Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service (OCR)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Level 1 Functional Skills Maths (NCFE)
- Level 1 Functional Skills English (NCFE)
What skills and qualities will I need for this apprenticeship?
- A logical and methodical approach to working
- A high level of attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- 100% committed to your role
- A genuine interest in delivering excellent customer service
This is dependent on your employer and on the level of the apprenticeship you apply for.
You will normally need at least grade C or above in your English and maths GCSEs. If you don't have these, don't worry. You can work towards your functional skills in English and maths alongside your apprenticeship training at St Helens College.
As an apprentice, you will be assigned an assessor, who will visit you in the workplace to observe the tasks you complete. You will also complete a number of relevant work?related modules at the College. All of which will contribute to the overall success of your apprenticeship.
How much will I earn?
With an apprenticeship you will earn while you learn. You are entitled to the National Minimum Wage. As of 1st October 2015, this is £3.30 an hour for 16 to 18 year olds.
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship you could progress onto the next level of study or you could go onto secure a permanent job with your current employer.
How long will this apprenticeship take to complete?
Depending on the level you enter and the employer you work for, an apprenticeship can vary in duration, from one year to four years. The average duration of this apprenticeship is 12 months. This will be discussed and confirmed with each individual apprentice after initial advice and guidance and initial assessments are completed.
How does an employer benefit from this apprenticeship?
Employers recognise the important role customer-facing employees play in determining the quality of the customer experience and in increasing customer loyalty. Therefore, there is a need to raise customer service standards and increase the supply of people with customer service skills.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Helens College directly.