Personal Training Level 3 YMCA Diploma at Bridgwater College
This new and exciting course is for students who have a desire and interest in working within the sport and leisure industry as a Personal Trainer or have a passion in sport and want to learn how to develop, design and implement tailored exercise programmes and improve the fitness levels and participation in gym based fitness activities for a variety of clients. The course will enable students to gain a nationally recognised qualification within the Fitness Industry and allow them to progress into the work place with a sound underpinning knowledge and understanding of Gym Instructing and operating as a Personal Trainer.
The course will include both theory and practical elements throughout the programme, consisting of:
- Advanced anatomy and physiology
- Deliver advanced gym techniques to a range of clients
- Design, manage, and adapt a personal training programme
- Planning and delivering group exercise sessions in the outdoor environment
- Exercise programming for sports conditioning level
- Business and marketing for the fitness professional
- Principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
Alongside this qualification you should also get an opportunity to supplement your fitness career with additional YMCA Awards qualifications including Sports Massage.
To gain entry onto the course you will need either to have completed the YMCA Awards Level 2 Fitness Instructing.
The course is based on continual and summative assessment This will consist of:
- Observation and practical exams
- Multiple choice theory exams
- Portfolio of evidence and assignments.
The course aims to progress you onto a Foundation Degree in strength and conditioning or progressing laterally onto a Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Coaching, Development and Fitness or Sports & Exercise Science programme.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.