Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles- Level 3 City and Guilds Diploma at Plumpton College
Now that you're at an advanced level, you need a practical course that will give you all of the advanced techniques used in the motor vehicle industry.
Covering substantial units in diagnostic fault paths and complex vehicle electronic systems, this course will give you an independent approach to learning that you'll find really useful. Throughout your course, you'll get to extend your knowledge of all the theory you need to succeed.
You can look forward to a varied programme of modules that also includes a work placement. In addition, you'll gain a broad understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace and all the skills you'll need to work in a garage. You'll also continue your English and Maths up to GCSE level. Modules include:
- Advanced chassis technology
- Advanced electrical and electronic technology
- Advanced engine technology
- Advanced transmission technology
- You'll need to have achieved 4 or more GCSEs between grade A-C (new grades 9-4) including English, Maths and a Science
- Successful completion of a Level 2 course in a related area
- Mature students without the above requirements will be considered.
- 16-18 exempt
- 16-18 exempt
- Cost for day students- £120 per year
- Cost for residential students- £200 per year
The facility fee is applicable to all our full time FE students and this is paid annually before you arrive for your enrolment and induction. This fee assists in providing non-educational facilities which include security, sports amenities, membership of the Sports and Social Club, minibuses, Wi Fi access, television room, on-site medical support and free car parking subject to availability.
For students aged 19 plus please contact Admissions for further fee information:
By completing this course, you'll be able to go on to complete a Level 3 Land-Based Technology course or go on to take an apprenticeship.
Course duration is 3 days per week for 1 year.Facilities
- Modern, fully equipped workshops
- Two ramps per workshop
- A range of vehicles for you to work on
- Latest equipment to help you complete your studies around Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair syllabus
- Fully equipped welding shop
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.