Art A Level at Kingswood Secondary Academy
Art is a challenging but enjoyable subject that helps you develop key skills in independent learning, problem solving and critical understanding. You will be introduced to a variety of experiences and will explore a range of Fine Art media and processes.
As a very practical and creative subject that offers an alternative way of working,art can provide you with a wider awareness of social and cultural context.
You will be encouraged to attend at least one visit to an art gallery and may have the opportunity to attend a workshop.
You will produce practical and critical/contextual work in one or more areas, including: painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture, installation, printmaking, photography (digital). Work is presented in the form of sketch books or study sheets.
Units covered at AS
– Unit I: Coursework portfolio.
– Unit 2: Externally set assignment.
Units covered at A2
– Unit 3: Personal investigation.
– Unit 4: Externally set assignment.
5+ A*-C grades at GCSE including C grade orabove in English and B grade in GCSE art or merit in BTEC art.
– Work will be assessed by verbal and written feedback and tutorial notes.
– All work will be assessed by yourart teachers for moderation by the end of May
– The course is designed as a stepping stone to the many courses and careers that are available in the art and design industry.
– Art Foundation course (one year duration).
– Degree course in chosen area of study e.g. graphic design, textile design, web/game design, fashion design, architecture and fine art.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kingswood Secondary Academy directly.