Fashion BTEC Level 2 Diploma at Highbury College
This programme is for students who want to develop their skills within the creative and media industries to prepare them for work or further study.
You may have aspirations to work in set design, sculpture, general art or fashion.
During the programme you will explore different areas of art, design and fashion.
- Your work could include creating 2D art, 3D art, fashion and sets for performances.
- You will develop your drawing and construction skills.
- You may also work with students from other areas on projects including Music Technology, Media, Performing Arts and Fashion.
- You will also complete two weeks of work experience, improve your numeracy, literacy and IT skills and complete a project, which you will design.
- You will normally have four GCSEs at grade D or above, including English, Maths and two other academic subjects.
- At interview you will need to demonstrate a keen interest in Art & Design or Fashion.
- You will be expected to bring with you examples of media work and two examples of your written work.
You will learn in a variety of ways, including formal lessons, practical workshops and group work. Some projects will involve you in working with local employers as well as your teachers.
After successfully completing the programme you can progress on to a range of other programmes at Level 3, including the Advanced Diploma or the Diploma/A Level matrix.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Highbury College directly.