Coaching Apprenticeship Level 2 at Lawn Tennis Association Ltd
A coaching apprenticeship is a great way to get more involved in coaching and develop a career in tennis. As part of the government apprenticeship scheme, coaching apprentices are employed for 30 hours a week (25 hours ‘on the job’), working in a coaching environment and carrying out a variety of coaching roles, including:
- Assisting another coach.
- Organising competitions and social events.
- Producing marketing materials.
- Developing and producing a coaching programme.
Additionally, you will complete 5 hours a week ‘off the job’ training, working to complete the qualifications required for the apprenticeship.
There are 2 types of apprenticeships available – level 2 and level 3. Level 2 apprenticeships are designed to provide level 1 coaches with the next step in their coaching development. To complete level 3, you will have needed to complete level 2. Each level completed provides you with the following qualifications:
Level 2 apprenticeship
Level 2 certificate in coaching tennis (level 2 coaching assistant) UKCC.
Level 2 diploma in coaching tennis.
Level 2 award in employment awareness.
To be eligible for a coaching apprenticeship you must meet the following criteria:
- Aged 16-24.
- Living in England.
- Not in full time Education or hold a degree (post A levels is acceptable).
- Hold the Level 1 coaching qualification (UKCC Level 1 coaching assistant).
- Have or arrange a coaching position at a centre/club for a minimum of 30 hours per week that pays minimum of £95 per week (all coaches must be employed not self-employed).
- Apprentices must have the appropriate GCSEs (Maths and English Language A-C if applying for a level 3 or A-E for level 2) or Functional Skills qualifications. Applicants without the required qualifications above at the start of the programme will be offered a study programme and are required to complete Functional Skills tests.
Apprentices aged 16-18 will receive full funding for their qualifications, with those aged 19-24 receiving 50% funding.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lawn Tennis Association Ltd directly.