Electrical Installation Diploma Level 1 at Sunderland College
This course is for people interested in getting started in a career as an electrician. Although it does not provide a vocational electrical installation qualification it will give you the skills needed to move on to becoming an apprentice.
You will learn the following units:
- Structure of the construction industry
- Fundamental safe working practices
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Fabrication techniques for electrical installation
- Electrical science and technology
Youll need to have achieved a Level 1 qualification in both literacy and numeracy. If English is not your first language you will need to have an IELTS score of 5.0 or above. You will also need to pass a formal interview.
The course is taught both theoretically and in the workshop. Over the course you’ll produce a portfolio and take internally set theory tests to assess your progress.
After successfully completing this course you could move on to the Level 2 qualification in Electro Technical Technology. This course would also allow you to take part in an electrical apprenticeship dependant on securing a suitable employer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sunderland College directly.