Btec Beauty Therapy at Cockburn John Charles Academy
The course is a 1 year programme delivered over 10 hours per week (usually 2 days).The programme will be delivered by theory sessions, practical workshops and commercial based salons. Independent study is an essential part and requirement of the course. As part of the course you will be expected to take part in the industrial placement programme.
With this hands on programme you will learn the following aspects of Beauty Therapy:
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- Provide body electrical treatments
- Provide facial electrical treatments
- Provide body massage treatments
- Provide electrical epilation treatments
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
- Carry out massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
A tutorial programme is mandatory and supports the student throughout their studies with guidance and individual learning plans put into action.
The programme is based on continual assessment and you will be assessed through observation of practical skills, oral questioning, assignment work and written questions. A portfolio will be produced throughout your course of evidence towards your competency. You will also be required to actively take part in a promotional event, which will showcase your talent and work during the program.
You will be required to purchase a beauty therapy kit and salon uniform which is mandatory
On successful completion of this course you can specialise in any aspect of Beauty Therapy including Health Spas , cruise ships, television work. You could progress on to a Degree in Spa Management or Media Make Up at various universities.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.