Traineeships at KM Training at Consortia Training
At KM Training Ltd we are pleased to be able to offer Traineeships: a new, non-employed, work-based, study programme which enables you to gain qualifications and work experience with Kieran Mullin Ltd and our other employers in a range of vocational areas. These include hairdressing, barbering, beauty therapy and customer services.
Traineeship courses aim to support young people to develop the skills for apprenticeship and sustainable employment.
The three key elements of our Traineeship programmes include:
- A work placement at Kieran Mullin Ltd or one of our chosen employers. This will give you meaningful work experience and develop workplace skills which are valued by future employers.
- A focused period of work preparation training, covering areas like CV writing, interview preparation, job search and inter-personal skills.
- English and maths, as these are seen as crucial employability skills and are mandatory part of your course unless you already have GCSC Grade C or above. We offer you the opportunity to study Functional Skills in Maths and English.
- For those on a longer traineeship programme, learners may be able to work towards unit qualification which will enable them to fast track when progressing to an apprenticeship programme.
You will be eligible for this course if you are:
- aged 16-24
- are not currently in a job and have little work experience, but you must be focused on work or the prospect of it
- are qualified below Level 3
- you must have a reasonable chance of being ready for employment or an apprenticeship within six months of engaging in a traineeship.
Traineeships are expected to last from six weeks to six months and at the end of your course you will be offered a guaranteed interview with a work placement host representative. At any time after the first six weeks of your Traineeship you can transfer to employment or an apprenticeship.
Although you will not be employed, you may be able to claim reasonable travel expenses whilst on the programme from our training partners. This course is offered in partnership with LAGAT Training & Recruitment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Consortia Training directly.