Travel and Tourism Level 2 BTEC First Extended Certificate at Shoeburyness High School
Studying the BTEC Level 2 Travel and Tourism will allow the students to broaden their knowledge of the sector as well as deepen their skills.
The course is a vocational or work-related qualification. This doesn’t mean that it will give the students all the skills they will need to do a job, but it does mean that they’ll have the opportunity to gain specific knowledge, understanding and skills that are relevant to their chosen subject or area of work.
Below are a list of the units the students have to complete:
- Unit 1 (30 GLH): The UK Travel and Tourism Sector (external examination)
- Unit 2 (30 GLH): UK Travel and Tourism Destinations
- Unit 3 (30 GLH): The development of Travel and Tourism in the UK
- Unit 4 (30 GLH): International Travel and Tourism Destinations
- Unit 5 (30 GLH): Factors affecting worldwide Travel and Tourism
- Unit 6 (30 GLH): The Travel and Tourism customer experience
- Unit 7 (30 GLH): Travel and Tourism business environments (external examination)
- Unit 8 (30 GLH): Promotion and Sales in Travel and Tourism
- Unit 9 (30 GLH): Travel and Tourism employment opportunities
- Unit 16 (30 GLH): Holiday representatives
- Unit 17 (30 GLH): UK Travel Agency operations
- Unit 18 (30 GLH): The Cruise Industry
The students will have to achieve at least 2 D grades at GCSE or equivalences.
All assessment for BTEC Firsts is based on the achievement of specified outcomes. Each unit has specified criteria to be used for grading. At the end of the 1 year course, a summative unit grade can be awarded at Pass, Merit or Distinction.
- The students could advance on to the GCE Level 3 Travel and Tourism course.
- The students could use this qualification as a platform to enter the Travel and Tourism Industry. They could become a travel agent, air attendant, holiday representative or administrative assistant for a large tour operator.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Shoeburyness High School directly.