Dance A Level at Barton Peveril Sixth Form College
- GCSEs to include a C in English Language
- Highly active, physical course
- You will need some dance experience but you do not need to have passed Ballet or other exams
- A strong commitment to rehearsals at lunchtime and after College rehearsals is essential
- Predominantly contemporary dance techniques
- Assessment is 50% through practical performance and 50% through written exam.
A Level Dance is an exciting, challenging course that explores theory through the practical application of knowledge. It is totally different from any private dance tuition you may have experienced and celebrates many different styles, from ballet to jazz. Everyone brings something different to the course and you will grow in confidence as you actively develop your own choreographic voice within a collaborative, supportive environment.
As with other Performing Arts subjects, the dedication, motivation, teamwork, confidence and organisational skills that underpin success will add genuine value to any university, apprenticeship or employment application.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Barton Peveril Sixth Form College directly.