Health and Social Care Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 at Gloucestershire College
Care work can be demanding, challenging, yet very rewarding. This apprenticeship covers a wide range of job roles and could involve working in the NHS, private sector, for local authorities and in the voluntary sector.
Social care is about helping people with a particular need, such as the disabled, the elderly or people with learning disabilities. Care can take place in the home, in care homes or in the community.
There are a number of elements to an apprenticeship and this is called the framework.
The apprenticeship framework has three main strands - technical element, competence based element and skills element.
For this apprenticeship the qualifications gained will be:-
- Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care (QCF) (technical based element)
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) (competency based element)
- Functional Skills at Level 1 in English and Mathematics
In addition you will also study Employee Rights and Responsibilities and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
- Three GCSE Grades A - D including English and Mathematics.
- All applicants are assessed at interview to ensure correct level of study.
- Prior qualifications or experiences in a relevant job will be taken into consideration.
You will be required to compile an online portfolio of evidence demonstrating your knowledge and competence and all assessments will take place in the workplace.
An assessor will guide and support you to achieve this qualification.
Apprenticeships are open to all age groups above 16 years of age, whether you are just leaving school, seeking to start a new career or are moving into a new role with your existing employer that requires new skills. As an apprentice you will earn a salary, whilst working alongside experienced colleagues at work and studying for your qualification.
On successful achievement of this apprenticeship you can progress onto the Advanced Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gloucestershire College directly.