Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Apprenticeship - Teaching Assistant at Rathbone Training
Schools benefit greatly from classroom support. Having teaching assistants working alongside teachers really helps children and young people to get the most out of their education.
If you’re interested in working in the education sector then this apprenticeship is a good place to start.
You’ll learn on the job from experienced teachers in schools and your tutor.
If you’re aged 16-24 you can join. You don’t need any formal qualifications, but you will need to take a basic skills assessment if you don’t have GCSEs in English and Maths.
- Knowledge and competence learning is delivered in the workplace
- Tests are undertaken in the workplace
- E-portfolio access for all learners, with additional resources to facilitate independent learning
- You’ll be paid the current hourly rate for apprentices as a minimum.
- You’ll also get a minimum of four weeks paid leave for your holidays, just like other employees.
- Get an NUS card for loads of discounts
This apprenticeship can lead to employment as a teaching assistant, classroom assistant, learning support assistant or special needs assistant.
- You can continue on a higher-level programme or go straight into employment.
- Roles include Teaching Assistant, Classroom Assistant, Learning Support Assistant and Bilingual Support Assistant.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Rathbone Training directly.