Performing Engineering Operations (QCF) (Mechanical & Electronic) EAL Level 2 NVQ Diploma at Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
This introductory course is for students with little or no knowledge of mechanical or electronic engineering.
It serves as a foundation for studying engineering at a higher level within the college, such as the National Extended Diploma (depending on achievement and maths results).
Alternatively, the Level 2 NVQ may be used as an entry for working in an engineering environment at an elementary level.
The course is made up from core and specialist modules.
Core units are:
- Working Safely in an Engineering Environment
- Using & communicating Technical Information
- Carrying Out engineering activities Efficiently & Effectively
For students who wish to follow the mechanical engineering route:
- Producing Components using Hand
- Preparing and Using Lathes for Turning
- Producing CAD Models (Drawings) using a CAD System
For students who wish to follow the electronic engineering route:
- Wiring and Testing Electrical Equipment & Circuits
- Assembling and Testing Electronic Circuits
- Producing Electrical or Electronic Engineering Drawings using a CAD System
You will also be required to study functional skills in English & mathematics at an appropriate level.
4 GCSEs A*-D. Or PEO/AQA Diploma or equivalent with extra maths unit/GCSE grade D maths.
Foundation Learning qualification of at least 26 credits with Functional Skills at Entry 3/Level 1
Compulsory attendance at a college interview day with assessment in English maths and technical skills.
Each module will have a series of class tests and assignments to be completed which students will build into a portfolio in order to complete the course successfully. The course has an emphasis on practical work in addition to using a mixture of theory, active lectures, and group activities.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bromley College of Further & Higher Education directly.