Sport OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate at Harris Academy Battersea
The Cambridge Technical in Sport is ideal for those students who have enjoyed Physical Education at GCSE.
Enrichment opportunities include:
- Visits to sporting industry (leisure centre, sporting grounds/stadium)
- First aid course from St John Ambulance
- Visit to local primary school
- Drop-in sessions
Students often study CTEC Sport alongside Biology, Business.
Extended Certificate (equivalent to 1 A Level)
This course includes:
- Unit 1 - exam based unit on the anatomy and physiology of the body including skeletal, muscular, cardiovascular, respiratory and energy systems
- Unit 2 - practical based unit which covers sports leadership and coaching, where you will lead a session for a group of students
- Unit 3 – exam based unit on the development and organisation of sport including national governing bodies and sports initiatives
- Unit 8 – coursework based unit which covers organisation of a sports event for a local group or school
- Unit 18 – practical based unit which covers the skills and performance in sport.
Students must have a B grade in Science and preferably a Merit or above in BTEC Sport Level 2.
2 exams and 3 practical/coursework units
Appropriate for undergraduate study and further study in sports science, sports therapy, physiotherapy, sports coaching, PE teaching, sports development.
What our students say:
“As someone who has an interest in sport this course is ideal for me. I enjoy how much variation there is in the units as we learn about lots of different topics to do with sport so it is very interesting.”
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harris Academy Battersea directly.