Extended Project Qualification at Plymouth High School for Girls
The extended project is an exciting qualiÚcation which provides the opportunity for students to demonstrate knowledge and skills by addressing a topic of their choice. It should be stressed that this is a high level qualiÚcation with learning outcomes of A2 (not AS) standard. It is looked on favourably by ALL Universities in terms of its actual outcomes rather than just a UCAS point count.
The qualiÚcation will enable learners to:
- Have signiÚcant input into the choice and design of their project and take responsibility for an individual task or a deÚned task within a group project.
- Develop and improve their own learning and performance as critical, reÛective and independent learners.
- Develop and apply decision making and where appropriate problem solving skills.
- Extend their planning, research, critical thinking, analysis, synthesis, evaluation and presentation skills.
- Where appropriate, develop as e-conÚdent learners and apply relevant technologies in their studies.
- Develop and apply skills, creatively demonstrating initiative and enterprise.
- Use their learning experiences to support their personal aspirations for further education and/or career development.
Learners will be required to select, draft, plan and research a project in the form of one of the following;
- A Dissertation
- An Investigation/Úeld study
- A Performance
- An Artefact
They will then manage the project through to its outcome in one of these forms and present the Úndings to an audience. Assessment will be by a tutor-assessor and will look at all aspects of the project management process not just the outcome. The qualiÚcation is at level 3 (AS).
Students taking this option will have 2 hours per fortnight timetabled but as the whole nature of the work is an ‘independent’ project this time will not necessarily all be spent in teacher contact.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Plymouth High School for Girls directly.