Animal Management Level 3 Extended Diploma at Isle of Wight College
The level 3 course is designed as specialist qualifications for students who have a clear view of their future career or are seeking progression to higher education. They are equivalent to ‘A’ levels and are highly valued by universities, further education colleges and employers alike.
- Understand and Promote Animal Health
- Understand the Principles of Animal Biology
- Undertake Animal Handling and Safe Working
- Plan and Monitor Animal Feeding and manage Animal Accommodation
- Undertake and Review Work Experience in the Land-based Industries
- Undertake an Investigative Project in the Land-Based Sector
- Understand Animal Anatomy and physiology
- Eleven extra units which may vary from year to year (for Extended Diploma)
- Five extra units which may vary from year to year (for Diploma)
- BTEC or C and G First Diploma in a related subject with a qualification grade of Distinction and to include a Distinction in the ‘Introduction to Biology’ unit.
- You will also need Maths, Science, and English at GCSE grade C or above, or be working to upgrade to this level.
- For those students progressing from other courses at The College, Functional Skills must have been achieved to at least level , where applicable.
- At least 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C to include English, Maths and Science.
- To progress to University you may also need Maths GCSE at higher levels than C – it is important to check University entry requirements at this early stage
- In addition you need to have a strong desire to study different specialist areas of Animal Management.
The units are graded P (Pass), M (Merit) and D (Distinction). You must achieve a minimum of a pass grade in each unit to qualify for a qualification grade. A qualification grade of Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction* will be stated on the certificate. A Pass is not seen as having progressed from Level 2
BTEC Level 3 courses are highly valued by employers and Universities. Students may take up employment opportunities in:
- Veterinary Practices
- Animal Charities
- Animal Technician
- Voluntary Organisations
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Isle of Wight College directly.