Double BTEC in Music at Blackpool Sixth Form College
BTEC Music is the perfect course for anyone who has a passion for popular music and the music industry, whether that is performing in a band, writing the next No. 1 hit single or using industry standard software to produce or remix music.
This course is available as a Level 3 BTEC Diploma (equivalent to 2 A levels) or Extended Diploma (equivalent to 3 A levels)
- Live performance skills & developing a band
- Events Management
- Composition (Popular Music & Music for Films)
- Audio/MIDI Sequencing and Music Production
- Music Theory & Aural Skills
- Keyboard Skills
- Live Performance & Session Musician Skills
- The Music Industry
- History of Popular Music and Society
- Remixing skills and Production Techniques
- Music from around the world
- Grade 5 Rock School or ABRSM in your main instrument. If you have not achieved these you must demonstrate your ability to perform to an equivalent standard.
- The ability to read music
- A keen interest in current music styles and the Music Industry
- Willingness to work in different bands/groups performing a wide range of current music styles
Exam board: Edexcel
The course will provide you with the skills needed to succeed within the Music Industry (performance, composition, studio recording, music business etc) or to progress into Higher Education. The majority of our students go on to study at leading universities in the areas of Popular Music and Music Technology, such as Leeds College of Music, University of Liverpool, University of Huddersfield, University of Salford and University of Central Lancashire.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.