Media National Certificate Level 2 at City College Plymouth
This study programme is a fascinating introduction to the world of media. It will recognise your existing skills and interests and build upon them. Whether you are a budding film producer, radio DJ, photographer or designer this study programme is a fantastic start with excellent progression opportunities to level 3 courses. A great balance of practical and theory based sessions, you can rest assured that you will be learning within a cutting edge, buzzing environment.
This course gives an introduction to the professional world of the video, audio and print industries.
You will study the following six units:
- introduction to media - explore and analyse a range of media products
- media pre-production - create product ideas, research and plan to produce them
- introduction to production - producing the planned projects
- marketing and presenting media products - learn how to promote products to the right audience
- exploring radio - research and produce radio programmes
- exploring photography and digital imaging.
In addition to learning within a cutting edge, buzzing
environment, you will:
- be taught by industry experienced staff
- benefit from links with all local media providers such as the BBC, Radio Plymouth and The Herald
- use state-of-the-art equipment
- get fantastic opportunities to display your work in and outside College.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
In our experience in order to be successful on this course you will need one of the following:
- four GCSEs at grades D-F (including English at grade D or higher). In exceptional circumstances, other grades will be considered. This will be based on interview and initial assessment
- a BTEC foundation diploma
- an NVQ Level 1/technical certificate
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience.
All units are internally assessed and externally moderated. Functional skills will also be assessed.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- the Extended National Diploma in Media at the College
- other level 3 qualifications at the College
- employment in junior media positions.
- See more at: http://www.cityplym.ac.uk/courses/media#sthash.Ef2ms7jz.dpuf
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Plymouth directly.