Health and Social Care BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate at Bridgwater College
This is a Level 2 BTEC qualification which has work place assessed practice as well as college based learning. This course is for anyone who wants to work with adults within care or wants to progress to Level 3 qualification. Some students also progress into the workplace, for example as care assistants, support workers, healthcare assistants.
You will be looking at the skills needed to look after adults within care. You will cover all aspects of care including:
- Human Lifespan Development
- Health and Social Care Values
- Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care
- Individual Rights in Health and Social Care
- Healthy Living
- Human Body Systems and Care of Disorders
- Services in Health and Social Care
- Creative and Therapeutic Activities in Health and Social Care
The course will enable you to develop your skills of working within elderly/adult care. You will practice the skills within your placement over the year and will gain confidence in working within care. The course also offers you the opportunity to gain experience of different client groups through visits throughout the course. You will be able to visit care homes and develop practical activities to do with residents. Students will develop their team building skills through practical workshops both in college and on a residential which help students focus on individual aspects of their course.
- 5 GCSEs in the A* – E range
- It is important that you have a good level of English both spoken and written
- DBS (needed before placement)
Assessment is continual with both practical assessment and theoretical knowledge through academic achievement. There are two externally set exams which form part of the qualification
- Level 3 Health and Social Care
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.