Excavator 180 at The Construction Skills People Ltd
This assessment is designed for those involved in operating 180 Excavators to show their competence in this equipment.
Categories: CRAWLER – WHEELED
To successfully pass the assessment the operator must be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturer’s instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the excavator for site and road travel.
- Travel over varying types of terrain, including rough undulating ground and substantial inclines.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas.
- Set the machine to excavate.
- Excavate below ground level on a variety of excavations in different ground types.
- Place spoil into various sizes of vehicles/hoppers.
- Grade, spread and level differing types of materials (Excavators over 5 Tonne – using a multi-purpose front bucket).
- Remove and re-attach buckets.
- Place the excavator in an out-of service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Construction Skills People Ltd directly.