ICT at The Brunts Academy
This broad-based qualification provides a more vocational perspective. Throughout the course, students develop all the necessary skills required in ICT and apply these within work-related contexts. The course also offers students the chance to personalise their path of study and obtain a qualification that meets both their individual aptitudes and interests. The aim of this specification is to encourage students to:
* Develop a broad range of ICT skills and knowledge of the uses of ICT in vocational contexts, as a basis for progression into further learning in ICT-related fields, including progression from AS to A2.
* Develop knowledge and understanding of the components, functions and applications of information systems within a range of organisations.
* Develop an understanding of the main principles of solving problems using ICT and develop the skills necessary to apply this understanding.
* Apply their knowledge and understanding of ICT and use skills (e.g. planning, research, evaluation, problem solving) in vocational contexts.
* Develop an understanding of the impact of information systems on organisations' personnel, policies and practices.
* Develop project management skills and an understanding of the need to work with others.
This course will attract students who are enthusiastic about ICT.
Prior study of the subject at GCSE level may be of benefit but it is not essential.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Brunts Academy directly.