Award in Sports Leadership - Level 2 at South Thames College
You'll develop a range of skills in leadership, communication, organisation and motivation as well as gaining a recognised qualification.
As a highly practical course, you'll spend most of your time outside of the classroom applying your knowledge and learning through experience. The award is a nationally recognised qualification that will help you develop your leadership and communication skills.
Units studied include:
- Organising and delivering a sports activity session
- Maintaining a safe sporting activity
- Understanding the structure of sport and recreation at local, regional and national level
- Understanding and leading fitness sessions
- Principles and practice of running sporting events and competitions
- Principles and practices in adapting sports activities
- Planning a series of appropriate sporting activities
- Leadership skills in the community. This unit requires you to complete a minimum ten hours of leadership away from the College.
You should have some experience of coaching or have a suitable Level 1 sports or fitness qualification.
You'll be assessed through observation rather than through written assignments.
You'll need good quality trainers and fitness gear to complete your practical work.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Thames College directly.