Design and Technology - 3D Design A2 at Grange Technology College
The possibilities are NOW endless. If you think you have the motivation and ability to design and make the next IPod, then A2 Product Design is the right course for you.
While working in both 2D and 3D you will have the opportunity to use the latest computer packages while still developing your practical skills.
For further information contact Sally Wike,Head ofDesign and Technology.
Design and Making Practice. (the practical side of the course)
- Develop knowledge about designers such as Philip Stark, Mondrian, Gaudi, Charles Rennie Mackintosh, and Alessi and use their work to influence your own products .
- Have a good knowledge of CAD and Desktop publishing packages. Candidates will use 2D Design and Fireworks.
- Have the opportunity to use various CAM machinery such as the laser cutter, millingmachine and vinyl cutter.
- Keep developing all the practical skills learnt at GCSE level.
- You will produce a portfolio of research, design work and development along with a finished manufactured outcome.
- The theory side of A2 Product Design. Materials and Components - an extension of the knowledge gained at AS level.
- Design and Market Influence - the use of materials in the manufacture of modernproducts .
- Processes and Manufacture - the use of materials and components to suit specific production methods, from one-off to mass-production.
A pass grade at AS level in 3D design.
An interest in developing your designing and making skills.
Assessment for A2 Product design is:
Unit1 - 50%.
Unit 2 - 50%.
The course will build skills which will be invaluable for students who wish to go onto University to study Design, Art, Marketing and Architecture.Job opportunities - Set designer, car designer, make up designer, fashion designer, CAD engineer, teacher, jewellery designer, web designer, architect, product designer, 3D designer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grange Technology College directly.