Intro to Hair and Beauty Sector (Beauty) City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma at Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
This is an introductory qualification and is ideal for learners who are interested in a career in the Beauty industry allowing them to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in this field.
Learners must achieve 6 credits from the mandatory units and a minimum of 32 credits from the optional units.
The course includes:
- Introduction to the hair and beauty sector
- Presenting a professional image in the salon
- Working with others in the hair and beauty sector
- Skin care
- Applying basic make-up
- Themed face painting
- Nail art
- Providing manicure treatments
- Providing pedicure treatments
- Follow health and safety in the salon
- Salon reception duties
In addition to the Beauty Therapy units, which must be completed, learners will study Functional skills Math’s, functional skills English and work experience.
Please note: You will be required to complete work experience during the academic year.
- GCSE in English (grade A to D), GCSE in Math’s (grade A to E), plus two other graded GCSEs (preferably science and art)
- Interview with the tutors and an Initial Assessment in English & Math’s will take place at the college taster/interview session.
- Compulsory attendance at a college information evening in June
- Five days’ work experience in a Hair and or Beauty salon with a documented letter or reference from the employer is recommended.
All Beauty Therapy programmes are assessed through a range of practical assessment techniques, assignments and examinations.
Practical assessments will take place in fully equipped Treatment rooms where students will practice and develop their Beauty Therapy skills. All assessments will take place on clients in our fully equipped treatment rooms.
As this is a rigorous course of study on your timetable you will have allocated slots where you are required to work independently on completing study guides, research tasks and assignments.
Course Fees: 16-18 £0.00
- Course materials: £150 (Approx)
- Beauty Therapy kit: £25(Approx)
- Uniform: £55 (approx)
- Text book: £25 each (Approx)
Costs are approximate and may be subject to change.
After successful completion of the course you may progress to a Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy at Bromley College, or seek employment in other related industries.
You will need to show that you have completed work experience within the hair and or beauty industry.
Progression is subject to an award board and recommendation from the tutor.
This is a one year course, attendance at the College is approximately three days per week whereby we expect 100% attendance, plus work experience and one day is required for self directed study.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bromley College of Further & Higher Education directly.