Economics A-Level at Seevic College
Develop an understanding of economic concepts and theories through the study of current economic issues, problems and institutions.
A-Level Economics builds the knowledge and skills needed to understand and analyse data, think critically about issues and make informed decisions
In Year One you’ll examine issues like competitive markets, and uncover the reasons why some markets fail. In Year Two you’ll expand on your existing knowledge, with further use of complex microeconomic models, such as monopoly and oligopoly.
- Introduction to Markets and Market Failure
- The UK Economy - Performance and Policies
- Business Behaviour and the Labour Market
- A Global Perspective.
General Entry Requirements
Average point score of 5.3, calculated from all GCSE subjects. Your point score MUST include at least five GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above - including English Language or Maths.
If your English Language is a D/3, your Maths must be at least a C/4 and vice versa.
Specific Entry Requirements
- Grade A/7 or above in GCSE Maths
- Grade A/7 or above in GCSE English Language.
There is a strong emphasis on practical applications and problem solving in the classroom. You will sit three exam papers, each lasting two hours which comprise of multi-choice questions, data response and essays.
- You are advised to purchase an additional course text at a cost of £25
- Trips/visits are generally local and require travel expenses only
- Revision conferences have an entry fee of £25.
- Progression to a relevant degree subject at university. Compatible degrees include: Economics, Maths, Accounts, Law and Business Management.
- Possible jobs you could go on to find include: Stockbroker, Financial Advisor, Economist or Civil Servant
- Former students are currently undertaking degrees in Economics at universities including Kingston University London and City University London
- A number of former students have also secured successful careers with prestigious companies such as: Shell, Clifford Chance and HSBC.
- Specialist Tutors with degrees and post-graduate qualifications in the field of Economics
- Opportunity to enter national competitions including essay writing competitions and trading games.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Seevic College directly.