Food Production and Cooking Intermediate Apprenticeship at Truro and Penwith College
This is a prestigious learning and development programme, valued by employers, trade associations and professional bodies in an industry currently worth £30bn to the English economy. There are no formal entry requirements but employers are looking for those who are keen to work as part of a team, have a 'can do’ attitude, have high standards of personal hygiene, be excellent timekeepers and be willing to work shifts, which will often be outside the 9.00 - 5.00 pattern.
The programme is made up of 2 main qualifications - an NVQ L2 Diploma in Food Production & Cooking and a L2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles, which covers
- Health, safety and security of the working environment
- Food safety and hygiene practices
- Working as part of a team
- Food preparation
- Promoting and presenting menus
- Healthier dishes
- Complete kitchen documentation
- The production of simple dishes including fish, poultry, meat and vegetables, bread and dough, rice and pastas, hot and cold desserts, cakes and biscuits
- The preparation of meals to meet relevant nutritional standards
Truro and Penwith College deliver a range of programmes for the catering sector as well as a broad range of business skills programmes.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Truro and Penwith College directly.