Level 2 National Award/Certificate in Physical Education at The Vale Academy
There are 12 units in total that must be completed to achieve the National Certificate with the 7 core units:
* The Body in Action - Muscular, Skeletal, Cardiovascular, Respiratory Systems and Energy Systems
* Health and Safety in Sport - Risk assessment, promoting a healthy and safe sporting environment
* Training and Fitness for Sport - Training Methods, Health and Skill Related Fitness, Devising a training programme
* Sports Coaching - Coaching correct techniques and different coaching methods
* Sports Development - Role of local organisations within sport
* Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise - Methods of testing and Types of test
* Practical Team Sports - Display a competence within 2 team activities demonstrating an ability to coach and officiate.
We are able to use a variety of assessment methods, including case studies, assignments and work-based assessments, along with projects, performance observation and time-constrained assessments.
All of the criteria listed in the grading grid for each unit must be covered by one assign-ment, or by a series of assignments.
Preferably 5 GCSE's grade A-C
A minimum of a grade C in GCSE Physical Education or a Merit in Btec First Sport is a basic requirement.
If a Physical Education or similar course has not been studied then a Grade C in English, Maths and a Science is a minimum requirement.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Vale Academy directly.