Fine Art A2 level at Malmesbury School
- Unit 1 - Research Project – This will involve compiling a portfolio of practical work within a broad based theme or area of study. Students will produce work in 2D, 3D and relief addressing four assessment objectives.
- Unit 2 - Controlled Assignment – A preparation with a five hour development day at the centre of the study period.
- Unit 3 - Research project with 2000 words of supportive writing. Students produce a portfolio of work based on a specific theme or area of study. The 2000 words of supportive writing will show a developed understanding of chosen artists’ styles and conventions.
- Unit 4 - Controlled Assignment – A preparation period terminating in a 15 hr practical examination. The work will address the four assessment objectives.
Unit 1 and Unit 2 carried forward from Yr 12 – 50% of final grade.
- Unit 3 25% of final grade
- Unit 4 25% of final grade
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Malmesbury School directly.
Last updated date: 07 September 2016