Hairdressing Level 3 Diploma at Ashfield School
Level 3 is an advanced qualification ideal for anyone wishing to progress their career in hairdressing or that has recently taken up employment as a salon stylist. This qualification is highly practical and provides the skills and underpinning knowledge required to practice as a professional hairdresser.
Ashfield is an excellent choice to study the level 2 qualification, class sizes are small, never more than 14, and you get an individual personalised education in hairdressing. Staff are accredited by the main awarding bodies for hairdressing and have years of experience in the field of hairdressing and teaching. Facilities at the Ashfield skills centre are amongst the best in the area.
To achieve this Level 3 qualification you will have to pass a total of eight units:
- UV30481- Monitor and Maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- UV30506- Hairdressing consultation support for colleagues
- UV30497- Colour hair to create a variety of looks
- UV30495- Cut women’s hair to create a variety of looks
- UV30496- Style and dress hair using a variety of techniques
- UV30435- Promote and sell products and services to clients
- UV30510- Bridal hairstyling
- UV40501- Hair colour correction
Level 2 Hairdressing and interview.
Learners will produce evidence by:
Being observed by your assessor, being asked questions by your assessor, completing assignments, keeping documents, e.g. work logs or client records, doing written or online tests.
You will keep all this evidence in a portfolio. You will regularly be given feedback by your assessor and you will receive further training if you need it. If your assessor tells you that you are competent after an assessment, it will be recorded on the forms in your logbook.
Level 4 Hairdressing, Teacher Training, A1 Assessors Award, working as a senior stylist.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ashfield School directly.